At Ellie & Carl, we use an IFS and EFT-based Coaching to truly work on all parts and to bring body, mind, emotions, and soul together.
IFS - Internal Family System, founder Richard Schwartz
IFS is transformative, evidence-based psychotherapy, in IFS the mind is viewed as naturally multiple with many different subpersonalities or parts of us. We all have parts, the inner chatter, the inner conflicts, inner resistance, and inner resources that manage our daily lives.
We are all born with different parts that create our personalities. Throughout life these parts have different roles, sometimes the roles can be extreme and with curiosity and compassion, we meet these parts of us and get to know them, their roles, their fears, and their gifts. We met these parts from our core, Self. We are all born with Self and it's always within us, many of us may not know how to access Self but it’s there. Self has qualities of curiosity, compassion, confidence, connectedness, clarity, calmness, creativity, and courage. From a place of Self we meet and welcome all our parts with patience, presence, persistence, perspective, and playfulness.
The goals of IFS based Coaching is to;
Navigate the client to access Self and to get to know your parts from a Self-led place so you can be in alignment with your core desired life.
EFT- Emotional Freedom Technique, founder Gary Craig
It is a powerful self-help method based on research showing that emotional trauma compromises both physical and emotional health.
Over 100 clinical trials have shown that EFT is effective for anxiety, depression, PTSD, pain, phobias, and many physical diagnoses. EFT is able to rapidly reduce the emotional impact of memories and incidents that trigger emotional distress.
EFT uses elements of Cognitive Therapy and Exposure Therapy. These are combined with Acupressure, in the form of fingertip tapping on 13 acupuncture points. For that reason, EFT is often called "tapping." Over 100 papers published in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals demonstrate that EFT is effective.
What does a body Confidence coach do?
As a body confidence coach I’m the facilitator creating the space you need to see where you are, where you want to be, what’s in your way (most often its parts within ourselves). And how to become more in your core Self so you will have the tools you need to navigate your life long after our collaboration is over. You have the wisdom you need within you and my job is to help you to access it.
We will look at parts for the goals you have to make sure you are in alignment with what you want. We will identify parts getting in your way and use powerful tools to transform those parts into more energy and allies and release old patterns to create new empowered steps toward your true Self with a new empowered life and body story.
We have a step-by-step process that we use to discover, transform and rewrite your new life and body story. You are the chooser of what you want and as a coach, I'll support you in those choices. At Ellie&Carl we use approaches and tools that are scientifically proven to be efficient to do transformational changes.
Areas we can look at and work on
- Your body story – what is the narrative and the experiences you hold in your body?
- Your relationship with food – what are you truly hungry for?
- Your relationship with Self – how do you treat yourself? How do you speak to and about yourself, how do you care, accept yourself? Are you compassionate and kind or are you pushing and punishing, if so we will uncover why?
- How is your body and life balance – we can look at the body confidence wheel and see where you are out of balance and where you might want to put your focus on.
- What is your relationship with your mind and movement – the way we move affects how we think and feel and vice versa. Movement is not only exercise it can include breathing, mindful mediation, body energy, body states, body posture, etc.
- Your awareness and embodiment – becoming aware of our inner world is always the first step to being able to change what we don’t want, into what we do want. What’s not in our awareness has its own life and power and rules our life. When we embody what we want in our life through conscious choices, being present, and feeling “at home” in our bodies, that's when the big shift happens. We feel self-confident, self-trust, and live a Self-led life.
- How do you want to feel and what are the values you want to embody?
- Exploring your inner chatter and getting to know your different parts and getting more access to Self.
- How to transform stuck energies and patterns into empowering habits, freed energy, more vitality, and joy.